Mongolian ethnic music look towards future with two day concert

Mongolian Honored Artist D.Sosorbaram has organised an ethnic music concert to be held on February 18-19 at the Mongolian Labor Union Cultural Center.


Attending the concert will be Khusugtun ethnic ballad group, Jonon ethnic group, Domog folk band, Altan Urag folk rock band, and Arga Bileg ethno jazz band.

D.Sosorbaram detailed the concert at a press conference held on February 13.

-How will the groups perform together as one?

-They will play two grand masterpieces together. One of them is ‘Altain Magtaal’ and after that song, each group will play their own music.

When I was young I used to chuckle at a man who always sang ‘Altain Magtaal.’ It seemed crazy to me.

But after I discovered it has a deep meaning, it tells the story of the demons of the Altain 13 peaks speaking with Alia khongor. We are currently working on a music video. On is an old saying that when listening to ‘Altain Magtaal,’ bad feelings and jealousy in a man’s heart vanish.

-You are producing the concert. Tell us about your producing experience?

-I’m not a producer with a diploma, but I’m a confident person. I think the point of the producer is to be unique. We will use a rolling stage. I have been studying and learning a lot of things working with these five groups.

-You said you are planning to tour in foreign countries with those groups. Please give us some further information?

-It’s just an idea now. However, I think it’s better to announce it to the public. A few of them could please all audiences at any hall and if we unite we can have more success. There are some countries we have agreed to hold concerts with. According to the 25th anniversary of Mongolia-US diplomatic relations and the 40th anniversary of Mongolia-Japan diplomatic relation we are supposed to hold concerts in those countries.

-Did you initiate the idea of the concert?

-I have been thinking of holding a big concert of Mongolian traditional ethnic groups in order to make traditional custom, art, and culture more well known to the world. That dream is becoming a reality now. When I made my requested to the President he approved and supported the idea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog